Dear Diary,
I've been so busy with work this week that I didn't have enough time to update my blog or code, which I plan to do tonight. I gotta brainstorm for new ideas.
Lately, I've been navigating my relationships with other people and reflecting on emotions I've been feeling due to other people's actions and behavior towards me. This week, I've met people who attempted to make me feel small, for example, acting like I'm stupid or dumb, or treating me like a child who doesn't know better- these things attempted to make me feel inferior. I've been reflecting on what I should and what I can do about these things. I've come to terms that I could not control other people's behavior, some people will act the way they choose to and I cannot convince them to act differently, the only thing I can do is making sure that I protect myself emotionally and spiritually, and I protect people from how I would or could react.
So, whenever I come across a person attempting to make me feel inferior, I don't jump into being defensive or aggressive, to the best of my ability, I try to see it through their perspective, and if I fail, I choose to think of the whole situation as so meaningless that it would not have been worth the mental effort it would have taken if I was to try to understand, try to defend, or try to argue.
Long story short, if I'm being honest with you, all I've been doing is checking my inner language and making sure that the only thing I let out of my body and soul is love and gratitude, regardless if the person I am interacting with is not reciprocating that.
To all the love we choose to express,
Indira.
No comments:
Post a Comment